Morpheus8 is a deep fractional, radiofrequency treatment that delivers exceptional skin, tissue and collagen remodeling to improve skin appearance and reduce irregularities.
Morpheus8 can treat any area of the body that would benefit from surface contouring. The most commonly treated areas include the lower face and neck. Nonetheless, any area that exhibits wrinkles, discoloration, stretch marks, or acne scarring are suitable for treatment. The most commonly treated areas include:
Results from Morpheus8 treatment may be seen in a few days but will be most noticeable beginning at 3 weeks, with full results at 3 months post-treatment
– Please try to refrain from wearing any makeup to your appointment.
– Avoid active sun exposure and tanning beds for approximately 2 weeks prior to the treatment.
– Use a broad spectrum SPF 30+ daily.
– Avoid the use of self-tanners on the area being treated for approximately 2 weeks prior to the treatment.
– Avoid, if possible, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAIDs) such as Ibuprofen and Aspirin for 1 week prior to treatment to minimize potential bruising and bleeding.
– Prescription anticoagulants/anti-platelet medications will increase the risk of bruising and bleeding. If cleared by your HCP, avoid 1 week prior to treatment. Bruising is always a risk factor with treatments.
– If you have a history of cold sores, begin prophylactic treatment with Valtrex or similar medication no later than 24 hours prior to the treatment.
– Botox and/or facial fillers within 2 weeks prior to your treatment is not recommended.
– Avoid hair removal, skin resurfacing treatments, exfoliants, and any retinol or tretinoin-containing products for 7 days prior to your procedure.
– If you are taking Accutane (isotretinoin), Morpheus8 treatment may be performed six months AFTER medication is completed
After your procedure, your skin will have some redness and swelling and
may show dots/grid marks/scabbing for 48 h. This is usually transient and subsides quickly, but you may see it to a degree for up to a week.
– Always wash your hands before touching your face, use clean towels and a clean pillowcase to help prevent infection.
– Be sure to apply sunscreen of at least 30 spf before any sun exposure.
– Continue use of Alastin Skin Nectar to aid in healing.
– You may experience mild discomfort for 1-2 days, followed by itching while your skin is healing.
Avoid scratching treated areas.
– Use a mild facial wash and avoid retinol, tretinoin, acids, vitamin C, scrubs, alcohol based toners, and chemical peels in treated areas for two weeks.
– Avoid activities that can induce heavy perspiration such as strenuous exercise or saunas for 2-3 days.
– Avoid cooling the area immediately after treatment and avoid anti-inflammatory medications for one week.
– Avoid makeup for 24 hours, until micro-channels have fully closed.
– Avoid heat and keep the skin cool during the first day of treatment.
– Avoid strenuous exercise for 48 hours post-procedure.
– Direct sun exposure should be avoided for 2 weeks post-procedure.
– Avoid using scrubs or washcloths on your face until it has fully healed and back to normal.
– You may resume your normal skincare routine (avoiding scrubs) 3-5 days post-procedure.
– Skin will appear dry/rough for 5-7 days post-procedure as micro-channels heal.
– Swelling, especially under the eyes is a common side effect post-procedure and can last 3-5 days.
– Cold compresses and/or ice and antihistamines (Benadryl) is NOT recommended, we do not want to interrupt the inflammation process which will stimulate collagen and elastin.
– Sleeping with your head slightly elevated, drinking plenty of fluids, and avoiding salty foods is recommended.
– Do not take NSAID’s (Ibuprofen, Aspirin) 48 hours post-treatment. You make take Tylenol.
After Care Regimen:
Patient should adhere to the following regimen for optimal post-care:
– Cleanse: Use a gentle cleanser morning and night. Do not scrub and/or use a washcloth until skin has fully healed. Gently pat skin dry after cleansing.
– Treat: Use Pro-Heal Serum morning and night after cleansing for the next 3 days. Use the dropper and apply about 5 drops directly onto skin and pat to spread.
– Moisturize: Allow 1 minute for serum to dry onto skin. Then apply the shield recovery balm onto skin morning and night. You may apply this throughout the day if you find that your skin feels dry and/or itchy.
– Protect: Apply a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen SPF 30+ every morning and throughout the day. Avoid direct sunlight for at least one week 2 weeks.